Click column header to sort
Oversees and directs all aspects of the Lafayette kitchen, Private Dining and Off the record operation, providing functional assistance and direction, and coordinates functions and activities with other Food & Beverage department heads, in co-operation with Executive Chef.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Hay Adams Handbook, the department Standard Operating Manual and our policies and procedures are part of this job description.
- Supervises all phases of food production for the a la carte outlets and when necessary banquets and private dining.
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment, properly and safely.
- Meet with the Executive Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Opening shift-Ensures all scheduled staff shows up for scheduled time of work, and unlocks secured areas (like reach and walk ins), secure keys according to procedures.
- Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to departmental standards.
- Inform Chef of any foreseeable shortages before items run out.
- Inform the Food & Beverage service staff of 86’d items and available menu specials.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and hotel requirements.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
This position is responsible for the planning, management, organization and development of all operational aspects of the Lafayette Restaurant operation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain and develop the highest level of guest relations. Be familiar with all regular guests, manage all guest requests, complaints and queries. Maintain good communication with hotel management and all operational employees of the hotel.
- Ensure all staff are meeting all established standards of service. Assist and direct all Lafayette restaurant employees to ensure the highest quality of service. Monitor and test service skills of staff, retrain and reinforce all standards on food and quality and service details daily. Provide feedback and appraisals as necessary. Conduct daily line ups and departmental meetings.
- Hire, coach, counsel and discipline staff to ensure staff is well motivated. Process personnel action forms, Vacation requests and Report any problems or grievances to the Director of Food and Beverage and Human Resources. Process payroll for all employees on a weekly basis.
- Develop and implement new marketing initiatives and sales promotions to stimulate revenue and up-selling for service staff. Assist in the development of new menus with the culinary department to ensure current market is being represented. Conduct periodic surveys of competitive set to ensure proper product pricing and variety.
- Control payroll expenses by proper scheduling methods. Control other expenses by following proper PO procedures.
- Responsible for scheduling reservations and parties or special events in Lafayette, and the Private dining room. Ensure that all aspects are communicated to the culinary team and to all other managers in the F&B department to ensure all details are correctly maintained.
- Conduct month end inventories and ensure all inventories are well controlled and maintained.
- Ensure all current Accounting and Human Resources policies are being adhered to. Assist in ensuring the compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintain OpenTable system Program and implement new offerings.
The Assistant Night Manager is the Manager on Duty and responsible for all hotel operations during overnight shift hours, focusing on Front Office operations, night audit and hotel safety/security. The Assistant Night Manager assists the Night Manager and Night Manager in all aspects of the department including but not limited to operations, planning, budgeting, staffing and payroll in accordance with hotel policies and procedures. The Assistant Night Manager provides leadership and support to all members of the Front Office and enforces the Hay Adams Standards of Excellence in all areas supervised.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Hay Adams handbook, the department operation manual as well as all hotel policies and procedures are part of this job description.
- Manage and monitor activities of all employees in the Front Office department making sure they adhere to the standards of excellence and to the guidelines set in the employee handbook, hotel policies and procedures, coaching, training and correcting where needed.
- Maintain a professional and high quality service oriented environment at all times.
- Work closely with the Housekeeping Department to improve guest services and foster cross departmental communication.
- Keep staff informed of all activities in the hotel, reinforcing Standards of Excellence and constantly strive to improve and perfect service in the department through coaching and training while promoting a strong team atmosphere and culture.
- Be aware and able to enforce all fire-life-safety procedures. Remain current in all updates with regards to new procedures and training. Ensure staff is fully trained in emergency procedures. This position is a member of the hotel’s emergency response team.
- Perform any other duties as required and directed by Management.
- Act as manager on duty for the hotel in the absence of the Night Manager dealing with complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise.
- Manage the night shift in the department ensuring all employees perform the tasks assigned to them and coordinate Front Office activities with other departments.
- Inform all Overnight staff of nightly activities, group and VIP arrivals as well as special requests and repeat guests. Check accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out accordingly, greet guests upon arrival and ensure escort to accommodations if appropriate.
- Must be able to perform any tasks or duties of any employee in the department.
- Must be able to do scheduling, payroll and other paperwork (ie. Accounting, HR, etc.)
- Must actively participate in the decision making process on guest relocation for nights when over capacity, execute accordingly and ensure a smooth relocation process. This effort must be coordinated with the Night Manager and/or Manager on Duty prior to shift start.
- Ensure the accurate completion of the daily night audit in a timely fashion. Must be able to perform the full night audit if needed.
- Assist the Night Manager in implementing and enforcing financial controls throughout the department, helping with control of operating expenses, scheduling and purchasing.
- Report any suspicious persons, activities and/or hazardous conditions to the Security department and/or the Night Manager.
- Act as Night Manager on Duty when Night Manager is not working.
- To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs protective and enforcement functions in a courteous and restrained manner in coping with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances and threats to life and property to maintain a safe and secure environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Spend majority of shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions. Requires verbal communication using pager and two way radio, bending, stooping and kneeling as in performing CPR.
- Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests, e.g. assisting with door lock problems, coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire or safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner. Handle undesired conduct, violations of hotel policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, employees, patrons and property. Requires grasping lifting or carrying or otherwise moving persons, packages, luggage, wheelchairs and safety equipment using manual dexterity of hands.
- Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority.
- Use a clear, concise English speaking voice, listen with empathy, provide accurate information and document legibly all appropriate incident information.
- Memorize and monitor fire safety system installed at property including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location of fire extinguisher and sprinklers.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by The Hay Adams from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with The Hay Adam rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Check employee packages as they exit to ensure no food or The Hay Adams property is being removed. Screen persons entering this entrance for purpose and authorization.
- Receive, record and deliver lost and found items to Housekeeping. Research and respond to inquiries from guests concerning status of items.
- Receive, record and deliver packages to relevant department.
- Provide accurate information to inquirers for directions, hours of operation, etc.
- Escort guests and employees as required to parking lots, provide same for employees carrying house banks.
- Assist guests with door lock problems and opening rooms safely.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
It is the mission and intent of this position that the incumbent will take full responsibility for the stewarding department, establishing and implementing security policies and procedures in accordance with The Hay-Adams insure compliance to all local, state and federal regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide supervisory guidance and support to all colleagues in the Stewarding Department.
- Create a safe and secure environment for all guests and colleagues. Protection of hotel assets.
- Develop and implement the Standard Operating Procedures for the department. Revise standards and procedures as necessary.
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulation and hotel requirement.
- Meet with Executive chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the operation.
- Develop a training program for stewards. Develop and deliver training programs for all employees on all OSHA related rules and regulations.
- Provide support for the assistant and supervisor in any problem or situation.
- Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies. Ensure everything complies with standards. Inventory and control of chemical supplies. Develop a cleaning schedule for kitchen, pastry, garde manger, banquets, cafeteria, and coolers. Do by weekly walk through with night cleaner staff.
- Attend all scheduled and mandatory meetings.
- Set goals and mission for the stewarding department.
- Monitor stewarding payroll (labor standards) including review and approve stewarding PAFs and weekly schedule for stewarding staff.
- Inventory of china, glasses, silverware and hollowware from the outlets and main storage. Establish and maintain accurate par levels of china, glass silver inventory. Provide enough equipment (china, glass, silver) to the outlets and banquet for their operation.
- Coaching the assistant, supervisor, lead steward and employees. Maintain a good working relationship with other departments.
- Set example for all colleagues to emulate by complying with all hotel policies and procedures.
- Assist and provide equipment for banquets function.
- Assist and help banquet kitchen plate up.
The sales and marketing administrator will provide support to the Director of Sales and Marketing (DOSM) and Director of Catering (DOC), including the Sales and Catering Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- It is the responsibility of the individual to represent the Sales and Catering Offices at all times through professional manner of behavior, dress and speech.
- Screen incoming calls and correspondence and respond independently when possible, or as directed. Complete sales lead sheet information and forward to the appropriate sales person. Compile and maintain sales database and spreadsheets for sales and marketing use.
- Maintain fax, copier and postage machines (include ordering, maintenance and ensuring adequate supplies for each of them). Maintain office supplies such as: stationary, envelopes and sales kits (including inserts).
- Assist in the organization of special events/projects as directed and be able to conduct site inspections of the hotel when required.
- Retrieve and distribute mail (internal and external) appropriately. Maintain sales files, sales department phones and ensure overall efficiency of the sales department’s daily operation.
- Social Networking and PR Responsibilities: Conduct a search on a daily basis (Monday and Friday) on Facebook, Twitter, 4 Square and respond to, input and share all relevant messages (such as menus, events and packages) which will maintain the awareness of the Hay-Adams in the social networks. Collect and archive all PR clippings according to month/year. Contact appropriate publications and secure reprinting of feature pieces designated by the executive staff.
- Provide support to the Director of Sales and Marketing and Director of Catering administratively. This may require coordinating and working with other departments to ensure that tasks are seen through.
- Follow The Hay-Adams Handbook, the Department Standard Operating Manual, and our policies and procedures as part of this job description.
- Social Room Blocks - Creates, inputs and maintains social room blocks including Social Resumes and VIP information.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required and directed.
Turndown Service is provided for every occupied guest room, or room that is expected to be occupied. At turndown time all guest rooms and suites are "pick –up "and made ready for the night; they are tidy, clean and inviting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. The Hay Adams Handbook, the Departmental Operating Manual and our policies and procedures are part of this Job Description.
2. Standard brief meeting at 5:30pm daily with the Office Coordinator and Housekeeping Managers
3. Sign for keys and pagers at the beginning of shift and return them at the end of the shift
4. Complete all assigned turndown rooms within the standard time frame.
5. To clean and re-stock all assigned guest rooms according to hotel standards.
6. Set up turndown amenities according to Turndown requirements
7. Bath room refreshed. Used towels pick up and replaced with clean one
8. Remove dirty /used glasses and replace with clean glasses.
9. Used robes should be placed on a wood hanger (occupied rooms only) and hung on the back of the bath room door. If the used robe is not acceptable, replace with a clean one
10. Rearrange exposed toiletry / cosmetic items and neatly displayed on a fresh washcloth or an extra glasses near the sink on the vanity...
11. Room sprayed lightly with an odorless deodorizer.
12. Call Office Coordinator with removal of Room Service tray and tables.
13. Ensure that each Turndown Attendant is trained and "Turndown Service" is provided with consistency.
14. Keep Turndown cart well supplied with necessary items, and neatly displayed
15. Report maintenance problems to Engineering via the Office Coordinator
16. Maintain positive relationships with guests and employees
17. keeps all work areas , assigned supply closet clean and organized at all times
18. Report equipment problems to Office Coordinator.
19. Return all unused amenities to Housekeeping Office at the end of shift.
20. Follow OSHA and hotel guideline for the safe handling of all housekeeping chemicals and equipment.
21. Respond to guest requests as needed and according to hotel policy. Communicate any special requests to the Executive and Assistant Executive housekeeper
22. Follow the practice of all fire safety standards and procedures for the Hotel and the Housekeeping department.
23. Return Lost and Found items to Security Department Page 2 of 3 Revised June 2010
24. Perform any reasonable duties as required and directed
25. Reports all suspicious people, activities or hazardous conditions, etc. to the Security Department.