It is the mission and intent of this position that the incumbent will take full responsibility for his/her job in accordance with business requirement at Hay-Adams and the Stewarding Department expectation.
Assists in the overall responsibility to maintain a hygienically clean, sanitize kitchen areas and equipments, in order to comply with local health department laws. Assists in performing daily tasks such as working the dishwasher, wash pots and pans, empty trash cans, and recycling items, mopping kitchen floors, and replenish all equipment for kitchen and all outlets with their necessary of silver, glass and china.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Prepare the dish washer area; arrange the plate’s dollies, glass rack and silver.
Prepare the dish machine with the appropriate chemicals.
Prepare the pot washer station with appropriate chemicals.
- Wash all china/glass/silver for all outlets.
- All china/glass/silver need to be separate / clean and stored at their respective place (as soon as possible)
- Wash all pots and pans for all outlets.
- Ensure that refrigerators, bars and service bars are properly cleaned.
- Check sanitizer.
- Check the dish washer temperature.
- Operating the dish machine according to the standard.
- Ensure to use chemicals for the right purpose.
- Check and provide the cleaning supplies for all station.
- Keep all kitchen area clean.
- Provide support and assistance through out all kitchen areas.
- De-lime the dish machine with lime away chemical( when possible)
- Empty trash in and around the kitchen, recycling items, and to sanitize all trash cans.
- Sanitize the dish room station including clean wall tiles base board
- Involve to clean wall tiles/baseboard and all kitchen coolers (when possible )
- Keep all fire exits clear of equipment.
- Provide all the necessary equipment to banquet kitchen, Re-stock line, and garde manger and pastry shop.
- Keep the area of work clean and organized all the time.
- Be part a team for recycling
- Keep the dumpster clear and clean.
- Follow the kitchen cleaning schedules.
- Assist and help to plate up as necessary.
- Take ownership for any problem regarding to the stewards.
- Prepare the banquet area for cleaning the event.
- Report of any maintenance issue to the supervisor.
- Do any other duty required by the supervisor.
- Financial responsibilities: Protection of hotel assets
- Human Resources responsibilities: Maintain a high clean working environment back of the house service areas, participation in the department needs.